If you don’t want to make turkey stock, use good-quality chicken stock instead. Adding cream helps make it velvety and mellows the flavour.
- 3½tbsp plain flour
- 50ml (2fl oz.) brandy
- 750ml (1¼ pint) hot turkey stock (freeze any extra stock)
- 250ml (9fl oz.) double cream
- 1tsp redcurrant jelly
- Original smoked salt to season
- Pour off most of the fat from the turkey roasting tin, leaving behind all the dark juices. Put the tin over medium hob heat and stir in the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1min.
- Gradually mix in the brandy, then the stock and cream. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Leave to bubble for a few minutes. Stir in redcurrant jelly and any juices that have leaked out of the resting turkey. Check the seasoning. Strain and serve in a warmed gravy boat
Per 125ml (4fl oz.) serving: Calories: 208 Total fat: 17g Saturated fat 10g Total carbs: 9g Sugars 3g